About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Illinois, until 2003, when I moved to Arizona. I went back to school to become a surgical assistant in oral surgery and really like what I do! There are many new and exciting things happening in my life, so I'm ready to see where these roads will lead!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Heart Beat Day!!!!!

Today is the day we got to hear the baby's heart beat!!! The doctor said this little peanut sounds great and we are both healthy! All my tests and labs came back normal, so that is a very good thing!! The baby's heart beat was so loud and strong, even made me tear up listening to it! The doctor said the beat was averaging about 160 beats per minute. FAST!!! Dean and I are so excted and can't stop smiling!! During our check up, the doctor recommended me (due to my age bracket) to have tests ran to check for down syndrome and spini bifida.  I am scheduled to have them done next week.  Along with those tests they will do my first ultrasound, so I will post those pictures when I get them!! The doctor did inform us that if one of these tests come back positive (which usually is a false positive), I will then have an amniocentesis.  Yeah, not looking forward to a needle going thru my tummy!! So, I am so hoping this test comes back normal, or negative, or whatever it takes to make me not have to get any more needles than I have to!!  So far so good! Now, if I can just get past this nausea!! I'm so sick of getting sick!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! You can't really prepare yourself for how wonderful a heartbeat can sound! Now, where is your audio recording? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I dont think my dr records it. I will have to ask him at my next appt. It was so fast and so exciting to hear!! Made us both get watery eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete